The following general process has been approved by the VUT Executive Senate Research & Innovation Committee for researchers seeking university research funding for research activities.
- Executive Director of Research – The Executive Director of research is responsible for the strategic planning of research and to ensure its culmination into commercial products and opportunites. This includes:
– Partners development
– Stimulation of innovative research
– Research capacity of new and existing staff
– Developing appropriate structures, systems and policies for research with innovative potential.
– Postgraduates and student support development.
- Executive Senate Research & Innovation Committee – The main functions of the Executive Senate Research & Innovation Committee is to initiate, co-ordinate and evaluate research, as well as to encourage the publication of results.
- The Senate Research Committee – The Senate Research Committee is a sub-committee of Senate tasked to stimulate a research, technology transfer and innovation culture, monitor the activities and research output targets in the university.
- Faculty Research Committee – Research within faculties is managed by a faculty research committee or departmental research committee in the case of bureau’s or centres. The objective of this research committee is to support research at faculty/departmental level.
All university research funding applications to be considered by the Executive Senate Research & Innovation Committee have to be submitted to the research directorate via the relevant Faculty Research Committee prior to being submitted to the Executive Senate Research & Innovation Committee.
|Faculty||Faculty Research & Innovation Committee Chairperson|
|Applied and Computer Science||Dr. A.E Ofomaja|
|Engineering and Technology||Prof. L. Masu ( firstname.lastname@example.org)|
|Human Sciences||Prof C. Miruka|
|Management Sciences||Prof. J. Selesho ( email@example.com)|
- Non-academic staff members must submit their funding application forms to the relevant Faculty Research & Innovation Committee before submitting them to the Executive Committee of the Senate Research & Innovation Committee. If such funding applications lie outside the areas of specialization offered at the institution, such applications can be considered on an ad hoc basis by the Executive Director: Research. In such cases feedback will be provided on the outcome of the process by the Research Directorate to the applicant/s.
- In as far as decisions are taken by the Executive Senate Research & Innovation Committee, if such decisions need to be reviewed this has to be brought to the Executive Senate Research & Innovation Committee.
- The stimulation funds allocated to Faculties on an annual basis will be reviewed annually by the Executive Senate Research & Innovation Committee. Faculties are required to report annually to the Executive Senate Research & Innovation Committee on their utilization of these funds.
SRIC Application forms:
Research Report Template