The Vaal University of Technology (VUT) is developing and growing its research culture.
The recruitment of Postdoctoral Fellows will play a pivotal role in developing research and postgraduate student capacity at VUT.
Vaal University of Technology Postdoctoral Research Fellowhip Call 2022
2022 Application form for PDRF 21-02-2022
Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Policy
Vaal University of Technology invites applications within the following areas:
- Faculty of Applied and Computer Sciences
- Faculty of Engineering and Technology
- Faculty of Human Sciences
- Faculty of Management Sciences
- Centre for Sustainable Livelihoods
- Institute of Traditional Knowledge and Traditional Medicine
Value and tenure of this call:
- The value of each fellowship is R300 000.00 per annum which is exempt from taxation
- The Postdoctoral Research Fellowship is valid for a period of one year
- Renewal of a Postdoctoral Research Fellowship for an additional year may be considered based on satisfactory academic progress and subject to availability of funds. Further extensions must be applied for at end of the first year, provided progress is satisfactory and funds are available.
Condition of the Postdoctoral Fellowship:
- Eligible applicants should have completed their doctorate within the last 5 years from the date of
- Applicant should not have previously held a full-time/permanent academic position.
- The Vaal University of Technology does not guarantee employment during the fellowship or after the
- Successful applicants are obliged to comply with the approved policies and practices for Postdoctoral Research Fellows at VUT.
- Postdoctoral Research Fellows may not register for a degree at VUT or any other institution during their term of the fellowship.
- It is the responsibility of the Principal Investigator to monitor the duties of the Postdoctoral Research Fellow.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Postdoctoral Fellowship:
- Publication of journal articles, conference proceedings and book chapters accredited by the Department of Higher Education and Training should be achievable within the duration of the fellowship.
- An average of at least two peer-reviewed high impact research articles published per annum.
- The Postdoctoral Research Fellow will be expected to develop research under the supervision of the Principal Investigator.
- Supervising and mentoring Postgraduate students.
- Progress report submission (Quarterly) to the Research Directorate.
Eligible candidates must submit:
- An application no longer than three pages which should include their research interest and expertise.
- Two letters of recommendation from referees; at least one must be from the promoter of their PhD and the other should be from the prospective host at the Vaal University of Technology.
- Copy of detailed CV Including full research publication list, inclusive of conference papers, journal articles, artifacts, popular (science) media articles.
- Certified copies of academic transcripts.
- Certified copies of postgraduate qualifications i.e. Honours degree, Master’s degree and PhD (South African Qualification Authority verification where applicable).
- Citizenship is not restricted; however, preference will be given to South African citizens and South African permanent residents with a bias towards women in line with VUT. Employment Equity Plan and the National Development Plan.
- Applicants should not be older than 45 years of age.
Enquiries and completed application forms should be forwarded to: Vulani Mahlaule
firstname.lastname@example.org or 016 950 7659
Selection: Eligible Postdoctoral Research Fellowship will be considered by a selection committee.
The Vaal University of Technology reserves the right to disqualify late applications, incomplete application form, or inappropriate applications to change the conditions of award or to make no awards at all.